Sunday, February 7, 2010

Former South Carolina State standout Adams ready to shine for pros

Former South Carolina State University Bulldogs cornerback Phillip Adams is playing in Texas vs. The Nation All-Stars Game, Sunday, February 7, 2010, at Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas, 2 PM EST.

Phillip Adams has his eyes on the future today when he plays in the Texas Vs. The Nation All-Star Football Game at Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas. The game will be broadcast nationally for those who have a satellite dish beginning at 2 p.m. Adams, a former standout in football and basketball at Rock Hill, sees the game as an opportunity for him to be drafted by an NFL team. Scouts attended practice all week, and Adams said several have shown a strong interest in his abilities.

“I feel like I’ve showcased my talents this week and have been noticed,’’ Adams said. “At (South Carolina) State, I was known as a physical corner. I’ve had to back off some this week and show the pro scouts I can backpedal. That’s what they like to see in a player, because you have to be able to do that in the NFL.

“My agent is trying to get me an invitation to the NFL combine, which would give me more exposure. But if it doesn’t happen, I’ll get at least another chance. We have Pro Day at State on March 31. We have other seniors that deserve a shot at the NFL, so I’m hoping they get noticed.’’ Adams, 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, spent the last four years in Orangeburg playing for coach Buddy Pough’s S.C. State Bulldogs. Adams admits he’s come a long way since his freshman season and has continued to improve after being moved from safety to cornerback when he got to college.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: