Thursday, July 22, 2010

Phillips, Broncos 'up to the challenge'

As Fayetteville State coach Kenny Phillips heads to today's CIAA football media day in Petersburg, Va., he has no idea where his Broncos will be picked to finish. But as the defending conference champions, Phillips isn't shy about announcing his preference. "I hope we're picked to win it again," he said. "You always want to be picked to win it. You want everybody shooting for you."

Despite losing a horde of key playmakers who made last season's conference title run possible, thus making a bid to repeat a major challenge, Phillips insists his philosophy is pretty simple. "I'm the kind of guy where I want to be the one on top that everyone is trying to come get," he said. "I don't want to be the guy on the bottom struggling to get to the top. I've been there and done that. Trust me, it's not as much fun." A year ago at media day, Phillips had a brash message for his fellow CIAA coaches.

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: