Sunday, August 22, 2010

Steve Robinson is ready to be the man for Hampton University in the backfield

The proof of the larger role Hampton University expects Steve Robinson to play this season is right there in the glossy photograph. Robinson, a senior who rushed for 510 yards and four touchdowns after transferring to HU from Georgia Military College last season, clutches his helmet and stares confidently at the camera as one of four players on the cover of the Pirates' 2010 media guide.

"I've been waiting ever since last year to show my skills," Robinson said. "I knew my role last year, (but) this year, I'm looking to make big plays for the team." Last year, Robinson's role was backing up LaMarcus Coker, who led the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference with 1,027 yards on the ground and rushed for six TDs. Robinson, 6-foot-2 and 220 pounds...

READ MORE, CLICK TITLE.

No comments: