Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bernstine’s call comes from Texas Southern University

Marshalltown, Iowa - Miko Bernstine describes himself as always being a pretty spiritual guy. Texas Southern University provided the answer to his prayers with an opportunity to play NCAA Division I baseball. The do-everything Marshalltown Community College outfielder Bernstine signed with the Southwestern Athletic Conference school on Friday.

The Des Moines native Bernstine was set to play baseball at Ashford before the opportunity to move from the MCC Tigers to the TSU Tigers arose. "No D-I offers were coming my way. I was getting a lot of offers from NAIA, D-II, stuff like that," Bernstine said before playing in a game Friday in the Carolina-Virginia Collegiate League.



"I just kept praying on it that I would get an offer from a Division I school," he added. Bernstine lead Marshalltown in most offensive categories as he hit .390 with 49 runs scored, 62 hits, five home runs, 42 RBIs and 17 stolen bases.

READ MORE

No comments: