Sunday, July 24, 2011

Savannah State University scrambles to meet MEAC stipulations

SSU Football Coach Steve Davenport
Savannah, GA - A point of pride for Savannah State University over the past year has been its acceptance into the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.

When Cheryl Dozier arrived as interim president on May 9, she found that acceptance in jeopardy. Reports had been written but not implemented, and she wasn’t sure where she and the university stood.

So she turned to former University of Georgia athletics director Damon Evans to find answers.

“I knew that I needed to move us forward in the MEAC, and I decided to hire a consultant,” Dozier said. “I knew he had been doing some consulting at institutions. I gave him a call, and he said he would be willing to do that. I can’t think of a more professional and knowledgeable person that I know who would be able to do a better job than Damon Evans.”

READ MORE

No comments: