Friday, July 29, 2011

Three Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions Sign NFL Contracts

PINE BLUFF, Ark.- University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff football players Raymond Webber, Ibrahim Abdulai, and Arthur Thomas have signed free agent contracts with the NFL.

Webber will join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while Abdulai and Thomas have signed to play for the New York Giants and the St. Louis Rams respectively.

“As a coaching staff we could not be happier to hear the news that Webber, Abdulai, and Thomas will be able to continue their careers in the NFL,” said UAPB head coach Monte Coleman. “All three young men have put in the hard work necessary to achieve their goals and with continued work at improving themselves as players I expect to see all of them heavily contributing on their respective teams in the near future.”

NFL teams are expected to begin training camps in the upcoming days as a deal was reached ending the lockout on Monday.

“I'm excited to get going and for training camp to start,” said UAPB's Webber. “While I was disappointed that I didn't get drafted I knew with hard work and persistence I would get my chance to showcase my abilities at the next level some day.”

For Webber, Abdulai, and Thomas that day has arrived as they headline the list of collegiate football players from HBCU's to sign free agent contracts.

By UAPB Golden Lions Athletics

No comments: