Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Johnson commits to Grambling State Tigers

WINNSBORO, Louisiana  -  Franklin Parish runningback Noble Johnson gave his verbal commitment over the weekend to play football at Grambling State University. After making an official visit on Saturday, Johnson said he came away convinced GSU was the best program for him and what he wanted to do at the next level.

"Most of the programs that were interested in me wanted to take me out of my position," Johnson said. "Grambling made it clear to me that I would be playing running back and that made a big difference with me."

Johnson rushed for 1,686 rushing yards and 22 TDs this season, while leading the Patriots to their first play-off victory since the school's consoladation in 2005. The bruising ball carrier – listed at 6'1, 244 lbs – was named to this year's 4A all-state team and was voted co-offensive MVP of district 2-4A.

READ MORE

No comments: