Sunday, April 29, 2012

WSSU's Cooper lands free-agent deal with Green Bay Packers

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Running back Nic Cooper of Winston-Salem State has signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers.

Cooper, who went undrafted after leaving WSSU with one season of eligibility left, is from Clinton and is 6-feet and 240 pounds. He rushed for 3,430 yards in his career at WSSU, the fourth-best mark in school history.

“I’m excited,” Cooper said by telephone on Sunday morning. Cooper got the call from the Packers on Saturday night after the conclusion of the three-day long NFL Draft. “I’ll leave for Green Bay on May 10th and be ready for rookie camp and to get acclimated to everything,” Cooper said. “I have to admit I didn’t sleep much (Saturday night) and I’m still kind of coming to terms with all of this.”



READ MORE

No comments: