Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adrian on NSU's APR success

NORFOLK, Virginia - With the NCAA raising its APR (Academic Progress Rate) standards over the next four years, and coming down on programs that don’t meet expectations, even high school recruits are getting serious about doing their homework.

“I was recruiting a kid down in Florida and I started to talk to him about it and he said, ‘I know about that, you’re No. 1 among HBCUs,” Adrian said. “In all the years of coaching, I’ve never had a kid bring that up. He said, ‘I did my homework.’ ”

Norfolk State’s four-year average of 937 led the MEAC Conference for the third consecutive season, and was tied with Alabama A&M for the best mark among HBCUs. The NCAA released the numbers last week.

While most would consider that a fine effort – the real goal, after all, is not to be subject to NCAA penalties – Adrian wasn’t completely satisfied.



READ MORE

No comments: