Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Alabama A&M's Tompkins resigns as Head Baseball Coach

HEAD COACH MICHAEL TOMPKINS
NORMAL, Alabama --  Second year head baseball coach Michael Tompkins has decided to resign to pursue other interest.

"I will be forever grateful for the opportunity that I was given here on "The Hill" by Bryan Hicks and the administration," said Tompkins. "I want to thank all of the players for all of the hard work that they put in and I wish them all of the best in their future endeavors."

"I will be pursuing a business opportunity in my home state of Washington with my wife Becky and be around family as we welcome our daughter Bailee next month. This was not an easy decision to make but a decision based on the well-being of my family."

In two years the youngest head coach in America improved the facilities at Bulldog baseball field adding a maroon wooden fence, railings in front of the dugouts, a covered hitting cage for the players and fencing around the home dugout area.

"I would like to thank Coach Michael Tompkins for his outstanding contributions to our baseball program," Director of Athletics Bryan Hicks mentioned. "We wish him and his family much success in his future endeavors."


COURTESY ALABAMA A&M UNIVERSITY SPORTS INFORMATION

No comments: