Friday, July 26, 2013

Jackson settled with Seahawks; Former Alabama State QB changes outlook on NFL career

SEATTLE, Washington  --  Tarvaris Jackson spent seven years trying to earn the starting job as quarterback of an NFL team. Now, as he prepares for his eighth season and a second stint with the Seattle Seahawks, the former Sidney Lanier High and Alabama State star has a new outlook.

“I could have gone to other teams, but I’m in the eighth year of my career now, and I’m just trying to get to the Super Bowl,” he said. “I’m all about winning championships. I feel like that was my best chance among the teams I could choose from.”

Forgive Jackson if he doesn’t sound quite as competitive as he used to be.

The last two years have been frustrating, downright mystifying at times, for a player who feels he has shown he has what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the league but can’t always overcome the business aspects of pro football.


Tarvaris Jackson #7 to Rice on 52 Yard Bomb for TD.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: