Sunday, July 21, 2013

Kentucky transfer running back likes what he sees in S.C. State football

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina  --  The University of Kentucky transfer, who has four years of eligibility, is determined to do what’s necessary to make an immediate impact with the Bulldogs.

“Versatile and a lead back,” said Taylor about his role. “I’m here to get it. They know I’m here to get it and I’m here to help this team win.”


WATCH IN 720p HD

Before stepping foot in Orangeburg, the 5-10, 208-pound Atlanta native made it clear he would do more than lead by example. With last year’s leading rusher Jalen “Scoot” Simmons out following shoulder surgery and joining a team that had its worst showing under head coach Buddy Pough, Taylor has looked to inspire his fellow Bulldogs during summer workouts.

“So far, I’ve been in the weight room grinding with my team,” he said. “I give words of wisdom after we’re done working out. I tell them that I’m here for them. Whatever they need, I’ve got it for them. We’ve just been putting in the work together. I’ve been showing them that I’m here to help them.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: