Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rattlers' Big Challenge: FAMU tangles with Ohio State on 9/21



TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- FAMU won’t play Ohio State until the fourth game of the season. But between now and then, coach Earl Holmes will take a page from his personal playbook to let his players know how they could make the game competitive – just like he did when he was a Rattler.

FAMU played Miami twice when Holmes was linebacker during the early 1990s.

“My focus was I didn’t concern myself with the school’s name,” Holmes said.

“I just wanted to play my game. My job was to stop the run, drop off in the pass coverage and disrupt some things. I was so focused on playing well. I did the small things in order to play well.”

Playing at least one game against a BCS school has long been the norm for FAMU and many other small programs that use the financial ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: