Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ram Ramblings: D-II regional rankings are out and WSSU is fourth

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- Somebody asked me earlier today about the NCAA Division II regional rankings and how it all works. My standard answer has been nobody really knows how it works. The rankings just kind of appear and those rankings ultimately decide who is in the 24-team Division II playoffs.

I’ve tried calling those secret NCAA types who are good for at least one thing – not calling you back. The last two years as Winston-Salem State has been a main player in D-II I’ve tried countless times to talk with NCAA officials about the rankings and other questions regarding Division II football. But leaving phone messages doesn’t do any good because I’ve yet to get a call back.

I have gotten in touch with Coach Waverly Tillar of Elizabeth City State, who sits on the Super Region One coaches committee. He’s filled me in about certain aspects of the rankings and has been helpful.

As it stands now WSSU (7-1) is fourth in their region behind three unbeaten schools West Chester (8-0), Shepherd (7-0) and Bloomsburg (8-0).

CONTINUE READING

No comments: