Monday, October 28, 2013

Ram Ramblings: WSSU didn't resemble championship-type team

SALISBURY, North Carolina – I’ve seen all but about two or three of the 47 games Connell Maynor has coached in his four seasons at Winston-Salem State and I was surprised at what happened earlier today in a 40-0 win over Livingstone.

For those who didn’t go to the game when they see the score they’ll probably think that it was just another ho-hum victory for the Rams.

It was not.

What I saw in the first half when the Rams lost a fumble on a punt return (Sidney Lawson) and two other fumbles on offense (wide receiver Chase Powell and quarterback Rudy Johnson) was a far cry from a team that hopes to win the national championship. In fact, what I saw in the first half was a team that wouldn’t even come close to winning a division title in the CIAA.

I knew that the Rams would probably...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: