Monday, December 30, 2013

Ram Ramblings: Coaching search continues for Maynor's replacement

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina  -- I didn’t bother calling Bill Hayes, who is WSSU’s very busy athletics director, today to get an update on the coaching search.

One reason I didn’t call is he’s going to be busy going through eight phone interviews with the candidates to replace Connell Maynor.

Now that I’m back from vacation there will be plenty of basketball to cover but there’s also the coaching search to keep me busy.
 
Hayes has kept me updated through e-mails but he’s been in this business long enough - and I’ve been doing this long enough - to know he’s not going to give me names.
 
When Maynor announced his decision to leave for Hampton a few days before Christmas, Hayes knew he would be ...
 

No comments: