Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dodgers draft JSU signee Deion Ulmer

JACKSON, Mississippi  -- Jackson State baseball had its first player selected in this year's MLB Draft.

But he's not on the team's current roster.

JSU signee Deion Ulmer was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 26th round with the 789th overall pick Saturday.

"I was in touch with a couple of other scouts (Saturday) morning and was sitting around by the computer listening to the draft all day long, and I got kind of discouraged because I wasn't hearing my name called," he said in a story on the school's website. "I actually left to work out and lift weights when my dad called me and said 'You are a Dodger son.' I just broke down in tears right there in the car on the road. I couldn't believe it. It's an amazing feeling."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: