Friday, June 20, 2014

Former Rutgers assistant Brian Jenkins credits Greg Schiano and Kyle Flood for his success at Bethune-Cookman

HEAD COACH BRIAN JENKINS
BETHUNE-COOKMAN UNIVERSITY
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida  -- Brian Jenkins spent only one year as an assistant at Rutgers, but he said the time was crucial to his development as a coach.

After serving as the wide receiver coach under Greg Schiano for the 2009 season, Jenkins was hired as the head coach at Bethune-Cookman, a Division 1-AA program in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Jenkins has a 37-11 record and has been named the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference coach of the year three times in four seasons.

"Working under Greg and working with guys like Kyle (Flood) helped prepare me for the job that I have now," Jenkins said. "I think it taught me the last little things that I needed to know in order to run a program. It was really phenomenal. I've got a lot of respect for Greg. I learned so much about running a program and I learned a lot from Kyle football-wise. The experience that I got from being there for one year was tremendous."

No comments: