Thursday, July 17, 2014

FAMU receivers have their eyes on the ball this season

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  -- Backup quarterback Carson Royal called FAMU receiver Admasen Felix into a huddle, just to make sure that he got a clear understanding of the route on the next pass during 7-on-7 drill.

Felix jogged off to get set for the play. A defender covered Felix' every stride, as Royal let loose the ball. It popped out of Felix's hands about 35 yards down field.

"I'm the kind of player who doesn't like to drop balls at all," Felix said. "I don't care if it's on my shoestring. So, yes, it gets to me when I drop a ball. Catching the ball is something simple."

Making every catch look simple isn't only expected of Felix, but the three other seniors in FAMU's receiving corps. They bring a level of experience that the Rattlers haven't had from as many receivers at one time for at least three seasons.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: