Friday, October 31, 2014

DWIGHT FLOYD COMMENTARY -- FAMU Athletics: Creating Order Out of Chaos

DWIGHT FLOYD
from THE EDITOR
TALLAHASSEE, Florida --  I remember 14 years ago when I was tasked with a project that was crumbling and about to fail. Things were chaotic and people were at odds with each other, mostly angry at leadership. There were also attempts by underlings to undermine persons in leadership and take the leadership role.

Over a short period of time I became that leader by circumstance, establishing a successful team by rebuilding the staff and developing a program that has surpassed the shared vision of 14 years ago. In the process I have made and continue to make some mistakes for which I own up to; and I continue to see many successes.

As I view the state of affairs within the athletic department at Florida A&M University, I see much of the chaos that I remember. Over the span of a period that has lasted more than 14 years, athletic directors have come and gone with little progress. Yes, there have been ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: