Friday, April 17, 2015

Family Christian's Mason Diaz signs with Southern U. baseball

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana -- Another of the Baton Rouge area's top players will officially being playing his college baseball close to home.

Family Christian standout Mason Diaz, the Preseason NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune All-Baton Rouge Area Small Schools Player of the Year, signed Friday afternoon with Southern University.

"It's a big day, absolutely," Diaz said. "I'm excited to be a part of their program and just be a part of something bigger than myself, and I'll do anything I can to help them win ... I grew up probably ever summer since eighth grade playing tournaments there every summer.

"Coach (Roger) Cador's a real good guy. He's fun to be around. It's fun watching them play. I just love the atmosphere, and I'll be close to home. But yeah, once I met with coach Cador and really got to know him, I said, 'That's where I need to be.'"



CONTINUE READING

No comments: