Wednesday, May 27, 2015

SHS golfer signs with SSU Tigers

STATESBORO, Georgia -- In front of friends, family and fellow golfers, Statesboro High School’s Jordan Woody signed his national letter of intent to attend Savannah State University on a golf scholarship Tuesday afternoon in the school’s media center.

The Blue Devils’ senior was all smiles for his big day and wasted no time thanking everyone for his accomplishment.

“I would like to thank God and my family for putting golf in my life, and I would like to thank Statesboro High for letting me compete with them and thank Savannah State and Coach (Art) Gelow for letting me compete (Division I),” Woody said after signing to play with the Tigers.

Woody’s uncle attended Savannah State, which played a big role in his decision to don the Tigers' blue and orange for the next four years.

“They have a really good golf team and I had the opportunity to hit a couple with Coach Gelow and he gave me the opportunity to come play with them next season so I said ‘hey why not?” Woody said, laughing.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: