Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Norfolk State transfer RaShid Gaston picks Xavier

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Six-foot-nine power forward RaShid Gaston received attention from multiple colleges after announcing plans to transfer from Norfolk State, but only one was the perfect fit.

Gaston committed to Xavier after a weekend visit. The 240-pound transfer will have one year of eligibility with Chris Mack and the Musketeers after his sit-out season in 2015-2016.

"Honestly, I fell in love with (Xavier)," Gaston said. "I went down there with my mom and my sister and they fell in love with it too. They just make you feel at home. I love the style of play there. I love how Coach Mack and his staff – they're about business but they're so down to earth. They're such good guys."

Gaston said he also garnered interest from Kent State, South Florida, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas State and DePaul, among others. He liked Xavier for its proximity to his hometown of Warren, Ohio (about 20 minutes from Youngstown), and the ease of travel for mom Lisa Carter, aunt Gwen Stargell and sister Gabrielle Jackson.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: