Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cooper ready, willing to lead WSSU Rams

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina -- Rashad Cooper has just enough cockiness to make him dangerous.

Maybe that’s what Winston-Salem State needs from its freshman quarterback heading into conference play.

Cooper, the first true freshman to play at quarterback for WSSU since 2001 when Josh McGee came over from West Forsyth, is a 5-foot-8, 175-pound work in progress. That work started Saturday when he saw his first action as a college player in a 28-13 loss at Tuskegee.



“Not really,” Cooper said when asked if he was nervous. “I just thought of it as football and something I’ve been doing for most of my life. I know it’s a little faster in college, but I just came out to play my game.”

Cooper then said something that might be the reason offensive coordinator John Eder and quarterbacks coach Jason Mai decided to give him a shot.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: