Thursday, September 24, 2015

Enjoying the game again: David Watford reflects on transfer to HU

NORFOLK. Virginia -- David Watford allows himself to wonder what might have been had he stayed put.

The former University of Virginia quarterback, ultimately relegated to third string and the occasional appearance at wide receiver after a full season as the Cavaliers' starter, can't help but imagine his fate if he hadn't transferred to Hampton for his senior season.

"I did think about that the other day," Watford said this week. "It really crossed my mind. If I would've stayed, what would I have been doing right now, and what would be my role on the team? I'm very excited with the decision I made to come here and accept a new role."



The Pirates (2-1, 1-0 MEAC), who visit local rival Norfolk State on Saturday, couldn't be happier to have him.

The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Watford has completed 61 of 106 passes (57.6 percent) for 853 yards and nine touchdowns while leading his rejuvenated hometown team.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: