Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Another Hall of Fame honor for Aeneas Williams


ATLANTA, Georgia -- Former Rams defensive back Aeneas Williams is starting to pile up Hall of Fame honors.

Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2014, Williams has been named to the Black College Football Hall of Fame, the group announced Tuesday.

"The good part is, there's nothing else I can do it about," Williams said with a laugh.

In other words, his body of work is his body of work.

"I'm so glad I was blessed to put the work in college and then also in the pros," he said. "For the selection committee just to remember how I played the game and my impact on the game when I played, to be selected is just a tremendous honor."

Williams, who played at Southern University, is joined in the Class of 2016 by Ken Burrough (Texas Southern), Jethro Pugh (Elizabeth City State), Otis Taylor (Prairie View A&M), Emmitt Thomas (Bishop College) as players, and the late Lloyd "Judge" Wells (Texas Southern) as a contributor.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: