Thursday, March 23, 2017

N.C. A&T’s Cohen feels he measures up

GREENSBORO, North Carolina – The 5-foot-6, 179-pound stature of former North Carolina A&T running back Tarik Cohen has long been an issue surrounding his potential future in the NFL.

He sizes it up differently.

“I wouldn’t be the player that I am if it wasn’t for my size,” he said.


Appearances aside, Cohen’s heart and desire measure up to an NFL level, and so could his performance.

Considered a late-round possibility for the April 27-29 draft, the speedy Cohen is viewed as a change-of-pace type of back, a la the similarly sized Darren Sproles of the Eagles, although he also patterns himself after Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. Like both of those players, he envisions a dynamic role that puts his many skills to work.

“I can play in the backfield, out of the backfield and in the special team game,” he said. “Any part of the game that can get the ball in my hands will be great.”

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: