Monday, April 17, 2017

ASU signee Ross brings scoring punch

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- Jacoby Ross looks the part.

Watched a couple of YouTube videos of the Alabama State signee this weekend.

He has some handle, can shoot it from deep and get to the rim. Didn't see much mid-range game, but you can see why he averaged 23 points for American Basketball Institute.



Ross showed the ability to play off the ball a little bit and shake free for shots. Understand these are highlights, but the Alexandria, La., native looks like a talent who could help ASU right away.

"It's an honor to be able to go to college and to get my school paid for in the game that I like to play," said Ross in an interview with KALB-TV out of Alexandria. "They're like another home to me. They said they're going to take care of me and I was going to be the leader and that captain of the team. So I'm just going to take on that role and do my part."

The 5-foot, 10-inch point guard averaged 22.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.9 steals while at Peabody Magnet High where he played for his grandfather, Charles Smith.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: