Thursday, April 6, 2017

Lincoln hires former Florida A&M QB Quinn Gray as football coach

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- After previously announcing the resignation of eight-year head football coach Yusuf Shakir, Lincoln High School has now hired the man responsible with keeping on track what the Trojans have sustained for the better part of two decades.

Former Florida A&M quarterback turned assistant coach Quinn Gray will return to Tallahassee to become Lincoln’s next head coach.

Gray, 37, resigned Wednesday after one season at Jacksonville’s Mandarin High School – in the city where he played nearly his entire NFL career – and met with his new players on Thursday afternoon.

“I wasn’t looking to leave Mandarin, but Lincoln reached out to my principal and it was apparent that God has something for me to do,” Gray told the Democrat. “Nobody knows what their future holds or what God has for them.

“Mandarin is a place where I thought I would retire. I loved the players. I had a team coming back that I thought would go deep in the playoffs, but at the end of the day it’s life. And in life there’s decisions that have to be made and choices that have to be made that aren’t necessarily the popular choice with people but is the popular choice with your family.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: