Friday, April 25, 2008

Rodgers-Cromartie’s success harkens back to Tennessee State Tigers glory days

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has become one of the nation’s best cornerbacks and on Saturday, is expected to become the first Tennessee State University player taken in the first round of the NFL Draft since Ed “Too Tall” Jones and Waymond Bryant were selected 34 years ago.

“I always thought I was capable of playing in the NFL,” said Rodgers-
Cromartie. “That didn’t just come about this past year or the year before. I thought I could play on that level ever since I got to TSU and it's something I've looked forward to, like everybody does.”

Rodgers-Cromartie made big splashes at the Senior Bowl, the NFL Combine, and during individual workouts for pro scouts. The 6-2, 184 pound Bradenton, Fla., native’s last workout came Tuesday at TSU’s Hale Stadium for the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints. The Patriots have the seventh pick and are in the market for a cornerback after losing Asante Samuel to free agency.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: