Tuesday, August 26, 2008

AAMU hoping the acclaim will come

Thomas Harris took it all in stride. His teammates didn't. Despite leading the Southwestern Athletic Conference in receiving yards per game last season - and finishing fifth in receptions and eighth in all-purpose yards - Harris was left off the all-conference team.

Grambling's Clyde Edwards and Alcorn State's Nate Hughes were named to the first team, while Southern's Gerard Landry and Grambling's Reginald Jackson were second-teamers. Meanwhile, Harris caught 51 passes for 936 yards and seven touchdowns and led the Bulldogs within a game of their third straight Eastern Division title.

"It didn't really bother me," said Harris, who was named to the All-SWAC first-team preseason squad last month at the league's annual media day. "My teammates kept telling me I needed to be in there. I know I probably should have been in there ... at least second team.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: