Friday, September 26, 2008

MEAC Notebook: Taylor has Florida A&M rolling

Coach Joe Taylor of Florida A&M has his team playing very well and is 2-1 heading into Saturday's game against Tennessee State in Atlanta's Georgia Dome. Taylor, a former coach at Hampton, said that Tennessee State is very talented. "I think they have seven Division I transfers on offense and six on defense," Taylor said.

Taylor inherited a young team but said he doesn't like to talk about that aspect. "I usually don't talk about how young they are because I don't want to scare the hell out of them," Taylor said. Taylor has a chance to get his 200th career win on Saturday. "That just speaks to the fact that you've been around a lot of good people and outstanding young men," Taylor said.

Taylor also said that getting 200 wins also means: "I'm getting old."

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: