Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ASU's Barlow fires defensive coordinator

Alabama State's Coach Reggie Barlow appears to be clueless in Montgomery! What's next--fire the waterboy?




Alabama State head coach Reggie Barlow is now looking for two coordinators. Sunday morning, Barlow notified defensive coordinator Tony Pierce that his year-to-year contract at the school wouldn't be renewed. Barlow also fired linebackers coach and assistant head coach Brian Williams.

"There is no tension or bad feelings -- this is just the business side of this," said Pierce, who has served as ASU's defensive coordinator since 2003. "He called me in and told me he wanted to go in a different direction. I said, 'God bless you and good luck.' I appreciate everything ASU has done for me and my family. And I appreciate Reggie for allowing me to hang around another two years after he was hired. He wants to go in a different direction now and that's his right as a head coach."

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

READ RELATED SWAC ARTICLES:
GSU on a roll
SAME TIME NEXT YEAR: Grambling and Jackson State have become ...
He's seen it all
SWAC repeat no easy trick
Comegy tries to recapture intensity
Bulldogs Swat Away Pesky Hornets, 76-67
SU women hold off USA, 62-58

No comments: