Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Invoking Memories of Rattler Past

Tallahassee, Florida -- I invoke the memories of Rattler past and for me there are many. For as long as I can remember I have officially been a FAMU Rattler. No, I didn’t grow up attending FAMU DRS, I never had an immediate family member work on The Hill, nor did I play sports at FAMU, though I once considered it.

Almost from the time I was born I attended Ratter football games and later in life practically every other FAMU sporting event including tennis and womens volleyball. I will not say my memory is perfectly correct, so you need not correct me if I get something wrong. The most important thing is to relate these past memories to the present.

Yes, I followed Coach Jake Gaither from the latter days of Bob Hayes to Coach Gaither’s latter days as a retired coach and athletic director. I can still visualize John Eason, Major Hazleton, Kent Schoolfield, Jumping Joe Williams (one of my favorites), Hubert Ginn, Glenn Edwards, Henry Lawrence, Earl Goodrum, James Owens, and this list goes on. I remember seeing then quarterback ...

READ MORE

No comments: