Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mott's Walter Davis fulfills dream of playing Division I basketball by signing to Florida A&M University

FLINT, Michigan - After Mott Community College's historical men's basketball run this past season—which ended with a national title -- Walter Davis didn't think he had a shot of playing on the Division I level in college. Florida A&M University, however, thought differently.

The Rattlers offered Davis a full-ride scholarship to play basketball at FAMU starting next season and he officially signed to the program on Tuesday, June 12.

"I'm real excited because I didn't think nothing would play out for me," Davis admitted. "With (Mott's) Coach (Steve) Schmidt and the rest of the coaching staff just giving me the opportunity to win the national championship it really helped me because they would be like 'you're Walter Davis and you won a national championship at Mott' and that helped me out."

On MCC's a star-studded roster, Davis was certainly the team's most athletic player, the strongest defender but his stats weren't phenomenal.

READ MORE

No comments: