Wednesday, October 31, 2012

N.C. A&T picks up commitment from Virginia cornerback

GREENSBORO, North Carolina  --  Cornerback Treavonne Brandon, a 2013 prospect from Virginia Beach, Va., committed to N.C. A&T on Oct. 19.

"Finally Committed," Brandon tweeted a day before the Aggies' 24-0 loss to Delaware State. "I Will be playing football for the Next 4 years at The University of North Carolina A&T."

Brandon, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound corner at Ocean Lakes High, chose the Aggies over interest from Delaware, Norfolk State, Old Dominion and Richmond, according to Scout.com.

"I picked them because they have been there from the beginning, before I got interest from other colleges,” Brandon told Scout.com. “They offered me early and the coaches always stayed in contact with me. I’ve been to a couple of games and I think I fit well in their defense. I also think I will have a chance to play there.”

A&T offered Brandon shortly after seeing him in a camp over the summer, according to Virginia recruiting website Recruit757.com, but he didn't even know he had the offer until recently.

READ MORE

No comments: