Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Former prep star RB waits on FAMU's decision

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  --  Running back Demont Buice would like to play his last two years of college football at FAMU. At 6-foot-1, 225 pounds, he would add welcomed size to the Rattlers backfield, too.

But there is a little sticking point that’s keeping the two-time finalist for Mr. Football Alabama from committing. FAMU doesn’t have a permanent head coach, and Buice said that’s the reason why he didn’t commit after he made a visit this past weekend.

Buice, who started his college football career at Clemson, told the Democrat he was impressed with acting head coach Earl Holmes, but he had to hedge because of the program’s coaching situation.  Buice said he hasn’t arranged to visit any of his other options, including Auburn and Troy University.

“I have high interest in FAMU (and) I like coach Holmes,” Buice said during a telephone interview. “I told him I would try to commit if I knew he was the head coach but I can’t do that right now because they don’t have a stable coach.”



READ MORE

No comments: