Monday, December 31, 2012

Ram Ramblings: One more look at WSSU's Kameron Smith

WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina  --  It’s not everyday that a positive e-mail comes in, but it was very nice to hear from one of quarterback Kam Smith’s older brothers.

Smith, the record-setting quarterback who played his final game for the Rams on Dec. 15 in the 35-7 loss to Valdosta State in the Division II national championship, is somebody I will remember for a long time. And I’m sure WSSU fans will also remember him for his greatness, his humility and his ability to run Connell Maynor’s offense.

Smith’s brother, Kerry, who lives in Riverview, Florida e-mailed me about my kind comments I had to their mother after the game in Florence, Alabama. Smith comes from a large family and I told his mother what a pleasure it was to cover her son for the last three years.

Kerry Smith said that he and his family have closely followed my coverage of the Rams since Kam arrived before the 2010 season. Kerry Smith said that his brother enjoyed his time at WSSU and he said the Smith family will be “Rams for life.”

Here are some of the final statistics for one of the most productive quarterbacks in WSSU and CIAA history. All Smith did was go 31-4 as a starter and throw for 7,540 yards with an incredible 96 touchdown passes.

READ MORE

No comments: