Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Charles Hawkins wants to become another NFL success story from Southern

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana  --  NFL scouts are scouring the countryside these days looking for that gem that could translate into success at the highest level. This week's tour brings the stopwatches to Baton Rouge for scheduled stops at LSU and Southern University.

For one player, the latter stop is hoped to be an eye opener. His goal on Wednesday afternoon is to post a 4.2 forty. His name Charles Hawkins.

"The worse that I'll run will be a 4.31," stated the former Southern Jaguar matter of factly. "I've worked hard for 4 months preparing for this."

Hawkins (5'8-170) previously ran a sub 4.3 so the anticipated time is not out of the realm of possibility.

"When I ran a 4.28, I had only worked on my start."

READ MORE

No comments: