Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2013 NFL Draft: FAMU's Brandon Hepburn talks about being picked by Lions

Brandon Hepburn, #52 rulls down a USF Bull.
(Photo Courtesy: FAMU Athletics) 
DETROIT, Michigan  --  Below is a recap of what linebacker Brandon Hepburn had to say about being picked in the seventh round by the Detroit Lions on Saturday. (Quotes provided by the Lions.)

On making the most of his time at Florida A&M: "Well, yeah, I actually came in as a tight end. I came in actually as a walk-on. I first played tight end and I redshirted the 2008 season. I came in and earned myself a scholarship that next semester, so that was a blessing. I did my best at the tight end position. I was a blocking tight end and the second tight end in our option. Then I moved to outside linebacker and started a few games in 2010. Moving into the 2011 season, I played primarily outside and also the inside linebacker during dime packages. Toward the end of the season I played mostly the inside backer in our 3-4 scheme. Moving into the 2012 season, I just cut loose, kind of put it all together and just tried to put my best foot forward. So, I believe my body kind of stands tall along with the things that God has been able to do with my life. I'm ecstatic to be a Detroit Lion and I'm ready to go to work."

On how the Lions are looking at him: "There are still some things I'm still figuring out. I'm still caught up in the ...

No comments: