Sunday, July 28, 2013

Keaton likes what he sees for Stillman football

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama | Teddy Keaton is always looking for an edge. Stillman College’s head football coach has spent the offseason tweaking his football staff to bring in some fresh ideas and a couple of familiar faces.

Keaton has promoted Steve Mares, quarterbacks coach for the Tigers, to offensive coordinator, allowing the head coach to give up play-calling responsibilities so he can better oversee the entire team operation. Mares played under current University of Alabama head coach Nick Saban in the early 2000s while Saban was at LSU.

“He’s determined to be great,” Keaton said of Mares. “I felt like it was time to turn it over to someone else. I know someone gave me an opportunity when I was a young coach and this was a chance for me to do the same thing.

“He understands what I want. He knows what we want to do offensively.”

On the defensive side, Keaton brought ...



CONTINUE READING

No comments: