Monday, December 30, 2013

DE Javancy Jones leaving Jackson State

JACKSON, Mississippi  --  Jackson State’s Javancy Jones is transferring to Southwest Mississippi Community College.

Jones was named SWAC Freshman of the Year, finishing with 54 tackles, 14 TFL and 5 sacks. The defensive end initially planned on transferring since joining the program but had second thoughts as the season progressed. But the firing of Rick Comegy as head coach and the football coaching staff made his decision to leave a no brainer, Jones said.

“I enjoyed my time at Jackson State,” Jones said. “I’m not taking anything about from Jackson State. The coaching staff treated me like a son. I felt like I meant something to them.”

The Macon (MS) native chose JSU over Duke to be closer to home for personal reasons.



CONTINUE READING

No comments: