Saturday, March 22, 2014

Kollack looking to grab SCSU’s starting QB spot

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina  --  Adrian Kollack surprised many South Carolina State football observers when he was actively utilized late in the 2013 season.

The redshirt freshman quarterback out of Spartanburg made an impact on the Bulldogs’ offense, rushing for four touchdowns and passing for another in three games. Despite his success on the ground, Kollack insists there’s more to his game than just running the “Wildcat.”

“I’m more of a pocket passer,” he said. “I like to pass the ball compared to last year when I played when I had to run the ball a lot. I really like to throw the ball a lot and spread it around a lot. I actually run too, but I like to really like to throw the ball more.”

With the graduation of Richard Cue, the starting quarterback position is now open for either Kollack or fellow redshirt freshman ...

CONTINUE READING

No comments: