Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jackson State adds depth to backcourt with Yettra Specks

JACKSON, Mississippi  --  Yettra Specks needed more time.

The point guard from Southern-Shreveport committed to Jackson State in March, but he sent his National Letter of Intent nearly a week after the signing period opened on April 16.

“It was tough because knowing that I could stay and play another year and try to get more offers ... it was tough,” Specks said. “But the thing that made me finalize my decision was the coaches, making me feel like I’m at home.”

He finished his freshman season at the junior college and wavered between staying another year or sticking with his commitment to the Tigers. On one side, his junior college coaches advised him to stay another season, which is normal for most players at that level.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: