Friday, August 22, 2014

LB Blount making his own name at FAMU

TALLAHASSEE, Florida  --  Even before NFL scouts starting inquiring about former FAMU linebackers Brandon Hepburn and Brandon Denmark three years ago, incoming freshman Akil Blount kept his eyes peeled on the pair of upper classmen.

He saw their speed, agility and just how hard they worked to become two of the most skilled players on the team. They made such an impression on Blount that he decided to emulate them to the letter.

"I said that was going to be my goal," said Blount, the son of NFL Hall of Famer Mel Blount. "They set the benchmark for me and I'm trying to go a step above of what they did so the next guy can go above and beyond what I do."

Blount is setting some pretty high standards at linebacker -- just by looking at how much his muscular physique resembles his two former teammates who are now in the NFL.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: