Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Mississippi Valley State coach Rick Comegy faces former team on Halloween

ITTA BENA, Mississippi   -- Mississippi Valley State hasn't beaten Jackson State in consecutive years since the 1980's.

The winless Delta Devils (0-8, 0-6) play host to Jackson State (2-5, 2-4) at 4 p.m. Saturday at Rice-Totten Stadium in a surprising matchup of the two worst SWAC teams.

Valley won 27-23 last season at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, snapping a 20-game losing streak.

Former Jackson State coach Rick Comegy goes up against his former team and interim Tigers coach Derrick McCall, whom he hired as an assistant years ago.

"I know he loves the game," Comegy said in a SWAC Teleconference call. " I know he's excited, I'm happy for him. I don't think there's a better person they could have chosen to step up and take the reigns at this point. He's a guy that will love the team, he's a guy that will motivate them he's going to work. He's not going to sit back. I know he wants to come out with the win as well as I."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: