Sunday, January 24, 2016

Jackson State rides Brent's hot hand to victory

JACKSON, Mississippi -- Hitting shots and scoring points had become an issue for Jackson State guard Javeres Brent during the first six games of SWAC play.

So much so that even his teammates had to tell Brent, who had scored nine points and made just three shots in those six contests, about it.

"One thing my teammates always put in my head, they would tell me it was me. Me missing shots was the reasons (our SWAC games were close)," Brent said. "They said if the 3s drop, the lead spreads. So I had to take that with me."

It was apparent the message found its intended destination. Brent drained seven 3s and scored 21 points to help JSU claim its largest conference victory of the season, 60-45, against Grambling at the Lee E. Williams AAC on Saturday night.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: