Sunday, July 31, 2016

Ricky Fisk welcomes challenge of trying to become Morgan State's top receiver



BALTIMORE, Maryland -- When Andrew King finished his final year at Morgan State last fall, the wide receiver caught 27.3 percent of the team’s passes, had 25.7 percent of the receiving yards and scored 33.3 percent of the touchdown catches and led the offense in each of those categories.

Replacing that production could be difficult, but Ricky Fisk is up for the challenge.

“I looked up to him when I was a junior and he was a senior,” Fisk recalled Friday from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference football media day in Norfolk, Va. “When we were in practice, he would tell me how to do this and how to do that. He was quiet to everybody else on the team, but he wasn’t quiet to me.

"We would talk about how things were supposed to be done. So I do feel like now that he’s gone, I’m the next one. I was right under him, and he taught me things, and I feel like I can teach the younger guys things. There’s no pressure, but I do feel like I have to step up.”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: