Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Peabody's Price commits to Grambling

GRAMBLING, Louisiana -- Peabody senior running back Bruce Price knew where he wanted to continue his career, but wanted to wait until the time was right.

The bruising 6-foot-1 and 235-pound back took to Twitter to give his verbal commitment to Grambling Monday.

"I loved the atmosphere," Price said. "The coaches and I have grown a bond over the time and they have a saying out there that is 'Where everybody is somebody.' I loved the people there and I figured that was a good choice for my family and I."



Price helped the Warhorses reach the second round of the Class 2A playoffs as he rushed for 1,632 yards and 29 touchdowns on 240 carries.

Peabody went 8-4 this season and finished third in District 3-3A, while recording the school's first home playoff victory since joining the LHSAA when it rallied from trailing 27-7 after one quarter to defeat St. James, 41-33, in the first round of the playoffs.

Similarly, Grambling rallied back from a 17-0 halftime deficit against Alcorn in the SWAC Championship game on Dec. 3 in Houston to win 27-20 and earn its first SWAC title since 2011.

CONTINUE READING 

No comments: