Sunday, January 15, 2017

EHS senior commits to Tuskegee



ENTERPRISE, Alabama -- Enterprise senior defensive lineman Jaren Jones committed to accept a football scholarship with Tuskegee University Tuesday night.

Jones committed to Tuskegee over offers from Miles College, William Penn, Arkansas-Monticello and Union College.

“It feels really great to get the recruiting process over with,” Jones said. “It feels like a weight off my shoulders has been released.”

The Tuskegee Golden Tigers football program has a long tradition of success with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) National Championships in 1924, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1930, 2000, 2007 and 2015.

Tuskegee also has 38 conference championships in the Division II program’s storied history.

“It felt good to get offered by (Tuskegee) and what led me to choose them was how they are always competitive in their division and I just want to help out,” Jones said. “Talking to my D-Line Coach I will have a chance to play early as a freshman if I just put in the work. Also, the tradition there, what more can I say about that?”

CONTINUE READING

No comments: